Terms and Conditions
In an attempt to better service our clients we ask that you please carefully read through these Terms & Conditions. This will enable us as a company to complete your job in a timely and professional manor and help you to better understand the processing of your orders.
This Printing Services Agreement is between the customer (person placing order) and Lucky Design & Media.
I. General Specifications:
- Files submitted digitally that do not explicitly follow our specifications are not eligible for reprinting or a refund.
- We request all files for printing be sent to us in one of the following formats: Adobe Acrobat Document (*.pdf), JPEG Image (*.jpg,*.jpeg), Encapsulated Postscript (*.eps), Portable Network Graphics (*.png), or Tagged Image File (*.tiff).
- Your document should be created in CMYK mode so that the colors that you see on the screen most closely match the final printed product. We will make every effort to produce a reasonable representation based on your supplied materials but you must be aware that we do not guarantee color matching. Due to the nature of gang run printing it is standard that the color and brightness of images may shift anywhere from 3% – 15%. If you create your document in RGB, the colors in your printed product may vary greater than 15%. Please note that JPEG files are almost always in RGB. All solid Black areas should be composed as a combination: CYAN 60%, MAGENTA 40%, YELLOW 40%, and BLACK 100%.
- Files should be setup at a minimum of 300dpi resolution at 100% of the final print size. Higher resolution means a more detailed image.
- We REQUIRE your file include a bleed area. A bleed is extra area outside of your document that is trimmed off to insure proper cuts and to prevent an unwanted white border from showing at the edge of your document. Please be sure to include at least 1/8” for a bleed and keep your text at least 1/4” from the edge of the piece. No Exceptions, or you risk your job being mis-cut. Although our cutting staff is extremely precise, we cannot guarantee any print job cuts without the added bleed.
- Front and Back of document should be setup as two separate pages, do not create both sides in a single file or page.
- Once a job has been plated and sent to print the order cannot be cancelled.
- By the time your job is received, all edits should be finalized, the copy carefully proofread and all design issues should be settled. We are not responsible for proofing any submitted jobs and we will not take any responsibility for any designer errors, including files sent without proper room left for cutting. Lucky Design & MediaPrinting will print your files AS SENT. We will not critique your artwork. POOR QUALITY FILES WILL RESULT IN POOR OUTPUT. Low resolution Files or images will cause your piece to print blurry and may be unreadable. Files that do not meet our guidelines will be printed AS IS and are not eligible for reprint.
- Certain circumstances are beyond Lucky Design & Media´s control and we cannot be responsible for: Spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors made by the customer, inferior quality or low-resolution of uploaded images, design errors introduced by the customer in the document creation process, errors in user-selected options such as choice of finish, quantity or product type, and damage to the products arising after delivery to the customer. Please preview your designs carefully and correct any mistakes prior to placing your order. Lucky Design & Media does not proof documents created by its customers prior to processing.
III. Printing Process:
- Because we are a “gang run” style print company, we are able to offer lower prices than most of our competition. We print the day’s orders on an 18” x 24” sheet and cut the jobs apart in order to reduce the costs of making plates and other fixed setup charges. If your job needs to be customized or requires special attention please let us know as we do offer a large range of services.
- Because of limitations with the Gang-Run printing process, the differences in equipment, paper, and neighboring image ink requirements- the accuracy of color reproduction is not guaranteed. This does not mean your colors will be drastically different, but that in regards to Gang-Run printing the industry standard practice is to accept a overall pleasing color, which is 95% – 100% accurate to the image. By placing an order with us you agree to this limitation.
- If you plan on using your piece for mailing please allow room for overruns and under runs of up to 10% either way. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE EXACT COUNT. Please choose your desired quantity accordingly.
- By placing an order with Lucky Design & Media you acknowledge that you understand the estimated turnaround times. Lucky Design & Media will do everything in its power to correctly produce your job in a timely manner, but cannot guarantee a specific delivery or shipping date. Turnaround times are based on a wide range of factors including the difficulty of the job, maintenance of the printing press, timeliness of job submission, fullness of the run, etc. Please understand that the design/print production process is as much an art as it is a science. Occasionally there will be delays due to technical malfunctions, equipment failure, or file problems. We will make every effort to keep these events from affecting production and / or delivery of your order.
- When printing specialty jobs with Foil please keep in mind that Foil and UV can’t overlap. Also please avoid using small or fine text or fonts for foil objects. For best results, please make sure that foil coverage is less then 50% of the artwork area. Finally and most importantly please be aware that there may be up to 1/16th of an inch shift on the placement of the foil. Keep this in mind if you are trying to align foil specifically or with other printed artwork on the card.
- Production and delivery times are not contractual. If your item is time sensitive, please plan well in advance. There will be no refunds for jobs that do not arrive by your “deadline”.
- Lucky Design & Media does not offer a “pick up” option for products. All products will be shipped via UPS, or a courier service unless otherwise worked out in advance.
- We ask that you carefully plan both the anticipated turnaround time and the time to ship to your final destination
- All delivery dates are estimate. Lucky Design & Media is not responsible for delays caused by the carrier. We have no control over United Parcel Service or any other common carriers’ delivery schedules and cannot guarantee when mail or shipments deposited with or released to these carriers will be delivered.
- Lucky Design & Media will not be responsible for any shipments lost or damaged during shipping. All claims must be made with that shipping company.
- Returned shipments to Lucky Design & Media will not be refunded and additional shipping cost will be required prior to reshipping your package.
- Prices posted on this website are subject to change without notice.
- Estimates are good for 30 days. An estimate not accepted within 30 days may be changed.
Lucky Design & Media accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cash & checks. If you would like to pay by check, your order will not print until the check has cleared. This will cause a significant delay in your order. If you submit a check and there are insufficient funds we will charge a $25 Insufficient Funds Fee. If a check is returned to us we will no longer be able to accept checks on your account. All future payments on your account must be in the form of cash, credit card.
IX. Cancellation of a Job:
We process jobs as soon as they are received. If you need to cancel an order you have placed, you must call and speak to a Lucky Design & Media employee. If we can catch the job before it goes to print, we will be more than happy to cancel it, but if the job is already plated and scheduled for production, you are responsible for full payment.
- If you are unhappy with the quality of the printing or cutting, Lucky Design & Media will be happy to discuss a possible reprinting of your job free of charge or a partial printing credit depending on the nature of the problem. Please understand, Lucky Design & Media may request a 5″ stack of the printed piece in question for review. Lucky Design & Media will not pay for return shipping of these samples. Without samples of the printed piece in question we are unable to issue credits or refunds.
- Claims for defects, damages, or shortages must be made by the client in writing no later than 48 Hours after delivery. If no such claim is made, Lucky Design & Media and the client will understand that the job has been accepted. By accepting the job, the client acknowledges that Lucky Design & Media has fully satisfied all terms, conditions and specifications.
- Postage is never refundable.
- Lucky Design & Media feels it is critical to respect the intellectual property of others. To that end, when you use our services, you acknowledge that you hold the full rights to use all copy and images for your printed piece without violating the intellectual property rights of another party. By using our service, you also recognize that subject matter does not need to include a copyright notice in order to be protected by copyright law. Absence of copyright notice does not give you the right to reproduce the material. By using our service, you are assuring us that copyright notice has not been removed from any of the materials supplied to us for printing.
- You agree to protect and hold harmless Lucky Design & Media (and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, business partners or employees) from any claim or demand (including attorneys’ fees) made by any third party due to or arising out of a project produced for you through Lucky Design & Media.
- Lucky Design & Media reserves the right to use its sole discretion in refusing to print anything it deems improper or known to be illegal.
- Lucky Design & MediaPrinting’s liability shall be limited to the stated selling price to the customer of any defective goods, and shall in no event include special, consequential, incidental, indirect or similar damages, including without limitation, lost profits. Lucky Design & Media warrants that every product manufactured by it meets industry standard for such product and is free of any material defect in workmanship. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR USE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Lucky Design & Media makes no other warranty and no actions or words of Lucky Design & Media or its officers, employees or agents shall constitute a warranty.
- Placing an order with Lucky Design & Media indicates your acknowledgement that you have read and accept these terms and conditions.
XII. Use of Site: